Kuhle Umbhaco Set - 5 piece
This 5 piece Kuhle uMbhaco set of traditional Xhosa womans clothing includes a wrap skirt with shoelace braiding, a bhayi (shawl blanket for shoulders), ncebetha (outer apron), inxili (bag), and a small square Melton doek (head scarf). Please note screen prints are R70 extra each.
We can make this item in any colour fabric you prefer, and can do the braiding and beading colours to order as well. The entire set is made of original ibayi or soze 100% cotton fabric, and authentic stitching and braiding detail, as well as mother-of-pearl buttons.
All products are made to order, please allow approximately 2 weeks for completion of your order, and do include all your measurements!
- The size of the doek in this set is our small square which is 67 x 67cm's.
- Da Gama iBayi fabric is available in the colours white, cream, mustard, orange, red, turquoise blue and black. We can also make this item in royal blue and green but the fabric is not from Da Gama.
- We also offer 3 different Xhosa designs which can be screenprinted onto the fabric.
- All of these uMbhaco set items are also available individually, and you can add other items to this for a larger set.
- Our crafters are highly experienced African Xhosa seamstresses and beaders who work with a range of fabrics and beading styles to bring you traditional ethnic clothing and jewellery, only found in the Eastern Cape of South Africa.
We Also Recommend